Thornefall Community

Author Topic: Removing the Spam and Building Hype  (Read 27703 times)

• Player
  • The One and Only!
    • View Profile
Removing the Spam and Building Hype
« on: April 07, 2014, 03:12:43 PM »
So as we can see the forums are getting over run by spam, I've been visiting back almost everyday in hope of a new post that's not filled with  random gibberish. Perhaps if the developers could visit weekly and clear the spam from the forums and maybe create a short post or a Dev Blog.

What are your current ideas for promoting the game?
Crowd funding, paid advertisements, simple word of mouth?
The game even in it's current state looks fantastic and it would be nice if we could get a regular community going here on the forums.
Perhaps you could build hype and have a small donation system just like a certain remake of a certain game had, in which you'd donate $2+ for Pre-Alpha access, I certainly would.

Anyway, if any of the Developers happen to see this I wish you all the best of luck in whatever you're currently doing as I know you have exams and other such things and best of luck developing Thornefall and I'll always be keeping track of the progress.

W13

• Player
    • View Profile
Re: Removing the Spam and Building Hype
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 07:46:21 PM »
It has been 7 months with no news from the developers. Obviously this project is stagnant right now.  Dear developers, please make a Kickstarter for this and get this off the ground. Millions of RuneScape players will support it and you'll find hundreds of talented people stepping forward to help with this project.

What needs to be done:
  • Put this project on Kickstarter.
  • Appoint some moderators on these forums
  • Use IP.Board forums instead of this crap. IP.Board has much better anti-spam, moderating, and everything else.

Cody

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 08:32:47 PM »
Kick-starting too soon is one of the worst things we can do, as there is a very high chance it will be unsuccessful. We're sorry for the lack of updates lately, but we are still very serious about Thornefall.

The problem is we have to work in very short (but productive) bursts every few months. This should hopefully only last one more year, our schedules should begin to clear by then and Thornefall should return to the front seat. With that said we should have some stuff to show this upcoming summer.

• Player
  • The One and Only!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:40:19 AM »
Thanks for the reply Cody!
I agree with the early Kickstarting you should do it when you think the game is ready and you have enough content to show off. :)

Excited to see the new updates this Summer and can't wait till the release/Alpha/BETA testing.
Best of luck again whilst you're developing!

W13

• Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 04:28:37 AM »
I agree Cody. Don't rush into a Kickstarter if you aren't ready to blow people's minds.