Thornefall Community

Author Topic: Combat System  (Read 26501 times)

rodgerwilco

• Player
    • View Profile
Combat System
« on: January 25, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
Hello,

I would like to bring up the combat system because if I am going to play this game I feel like that is the most important aspect. In the video it looks like this will be taking a Runescape 2 approach and I would like an admin to confirm this, or are there going to be abilities? (like league of legends or runescape 3)

Cheers

• Player
  • The One and Only!
    • View Profile
Re: Combat System
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 04:11:42 AM »
I'm guessing it's going to be very much like Runescape 2's hit-and-wait based combat system.
From the Trailer it seems that way.

Chris

• Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »
I'm guessing it's going to be very much like Runescape 2's hit-and-wait based combat system.

I find this to be a good thing. The simplicity of it makes the game charming.

• Player
  • The One and Only!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 11:48:30 PM »

Very much agreed.

gravedead

• Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »

I think simplicity is a great thing, but it could be bad. You don't want people getting bored. Maybe have it where you can just click, and watch, or you can have 1-2 abilities depending on your combat style that spice it up a bit. Maybe have melee give you an attack that stuns the monster for 1 second, and another that speeds up your attack by 10-20%. Magic could have an ability that increases cast rates a bit, or lowers the enemies stats a little. Ranged could have an ability where they begin rapid-firing at a 2x rate, but their damage is cut by 45%. Just some thoughts.

rodgerwilco

• Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 06:07:53 AM »
I am going to put the "special attack" bar in the same category as an ability. The special attack feature makes old school (rs2) p2p what it is. A lot of games are venturing away from that turn based style of sitting their and watching your hits be dealt. I myself would prefer something where I can sit back and afk train but then again use abilities to keep myself out of boredom. Just my two cents.