Thornefall Community

Author Topic: Open Beta  (Read 7298 times)

Hadyn

• Staff
    • View Profile
Open Beta
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:36:36 PM »
Do you guys have an ETA as to when there will be an open beta? Or maybe could we apply for a closed beta?

Also to the developers, I love the look of the game. The scenes I saw in your screen caps are beautiful, I love the shading/textures and feel that I saw so far. I want to break the ice in terms of communicating with you guys about your ideas and what we could expect. But we'll start with the questions above first.

Ben

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Open Beta
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »
Do you guys have an ETA as to when there will be an open beta? Or maybe could we apply for a closed beta?

Also to the developers, I love the look of the game. The scenes I saw in your screen caps are beautiful, I love the shading/textures and feel that I saw so far. I want to break the ice in terms of communicating with you guys about your ideas and what we could expect. But we'll start with the questions above first.

Well currently, we are planning on creating a closed beta. The exact details of this beta will be released in the near future, but first we need to figure out what sort of interest exists for this game. We'll be releasing footage of gameplay as time moves on.

Thank you.

Hadyn

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »
Excellent! I look forward to more details. Great job so far.

Tree

• Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 02:54:26 AM »
Excellent! I look forward to more details. Great job so far.

Agreed. Looks promising and it'll be interesting to watch the progress.

jameskmonger

• Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 09:11:51 AM »
Good job on this so far, I look forward to playing it!

samcro

• Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »
It looks like you have invested a lot of time already into the game, just wondering why you will hold back on releasing a beta on the thoughts pretaining to whether or not the game will have any interest from players or not. I'm guessing the thornefall still needs game content like skills and quests to be added before release?

Cody

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 08:32:58 PM »
It looks like you have invested a lot of time already into the game, just wondering why you will hold back on releasing a beta on the thoughts pretaining to whether or not the game will have any interest from players or not. I'm guessing the thornefall still needs game content like skills and quests to be added before release?
Correct, the game is currently in pre-alpha meaning many things are either extremely buggy or not implemented yet. We don't exactly intend to "hold back" on beta, we just need to get it to a playable state with a decently sized region containing content to test, which is currently being planned.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:35:52 PM by Cody »